- U.S. Citizen (Not waiverable)
- 18-28 years old, 17 with parental permission. Waivers are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Males only (Not waiverable)
- High school graduate or equivalent. Be proficient in reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English.
- Uncorrected vision no worse than 20/200 in both eyes. Both eyes must be correctable to 20/20.
- Minimum ASVAB Score of: General Science (GS) + Mechanical Comprehension (MC) + Electronics Information (EI) = 165 or Verbal Expression (VE) + Mechanical Knowledge (MK) + Mechanical Comprehension (MC) + Coding Speed (CS)=220.
- Pass the SEAL Physical Screening Test (PST).
Waiverable requirements change frequently and are considered on a case-by-case basis. Contact a Navy recruiter for up-to-date waiver information.
View the official “soft cards” which contain up to date requirements for SEALs, SWCC, EOD and U.S. Navy Divers.